1. Take care of the things that goes into the tank. You can definitely increase the lifespan of your septic tank by means of being cognizant regarding the various kinds of things you place in it. Make sure not to place any cigarette ends, wet tissues, diapers, napkins, coffee grounds, fats, cooking oil and other non-biodegradable substances in the septic tank. These non-biodegradable substances have the ability to clog the septic tank requiring you to have a costly repair job.
2. Preserve the drain field. The drain field is actually the main piece of your septic tank which assists in separation the solid wastes from the liquid wastes. Here are some tips that you need to keep in mind so as to make your drain fields last long. Be sure not to park your car or vehicle on the drain field. The trees must be planted at a safe distance from the place in order to keep the roots from growing in the drain field. In addition, the rainwater drainage systems such as gutters and sump pumps be kept away from the drain field.
3. Examine the septic tank from time to time. By means of having a continuing inspection and appropriate upkeep of the septic system by a professional, you are actually increasing the normal lifespan of your septic tank.
4. Benefit from pumping services. In order for the solid wastes to be properly broken down, pumping out of the septic tank every two years is very important. Pumping the septic tank from time to time will not only help in increasing the life of the tank, but then again, prevent system failure as well.
5. Control the utilization of household chemicals. Too much usage of household chemicals such as drain cleaner, detergent, bleach and so on can cause the septic tank to malfunction. These household chemicals will halt the action of the bacteria present in the tank which is accountable for the break down of waste products.
6. Ask assistance from the experts. When it comes to maintenance as well as cleaning of the septic tank, it is vital that you rely on the assistance of the experts. The septic tank service provider will go to your house and systematically evaluate your septic tank for presence of damages as well as leakages. They would assess the scum and sludge layers in order to know the main source of the problem. And even if you discover just a very small problem with your septic tank, it is highly advsable to be be sure to always call an expert for help.